Florence (Ala.) Elks Lodge. Text on verso reads: "This building is one of the original group of buildings built in 1847 for and occupied by the Florence Female Seminary. In 1855 by an act of the state legislature it was transferred to the Presbyterian Church and its name changed to Florence Synodical College. The college was discontinued in 1897. The building was acquired by the Florence Elks Lodge in 1909."
Florence (Ala.); Alabama; Southern States; Fraternal lodges; Fraternal organizations; Universities and colleges--Alabama
Florence (Ala.); Alabama; Southern States
3 x 5 color postcard; Published by Anderson New Company (Florence, Ala.); Genuine Curteich-Chicago C.T. Art-Colortone Post Card; Number 9B-H1380.
Anderson News Company, Florence (Ala.)
University of North Alabama, Collier Library Archives
These materials are provided for educational and scholarly purposes and reproduction of items beyond that allowed for fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. The nature of historical archival collections means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Whenever possible, information is provided about copyright owners and restrictions on materials; however, the responsibility for determining the appropriate use of an item ultimately resides with the patron. The staff is unaware of any copyrights in the Postcards Collection; however, there is a possibility that items may have copyrights associated with them that we were unable to identify. If you are aware of such copyrights, please inform the staff.