Preview

image preview

Description

Courtview, Colonial home of T. M. Rogers, Florence, Ala. Now known as Rogers Hall, the building was purchased by the University of North Alabama in 1948. Card depicts a side view of the home surrounded by trees and flowers. It bears a Florence postmark dated January 17, 1933.

Subject

Universities and colleges--Alabama; University of North Alabama--Buildings; Rogers Hall (Florence, Ala.); Courtview (Florence, Ala.); Historic buildings; College buildings--Alabama; Rogers family

Location Depicted

University of North Alabama; Florence (Ala.)

Object Type

Image/jpeg

Source

3 x 5 art colored postcard; Printed by C. T. American Art, Chicago, Ill.; Number 2531-29.

Image Creator

Date Original

19--?

Date Scanned

2008-03-20

Date Modified

2009-01-21

Digital Publisher

University of North Alabama, Collier Library Archives

Digital Format

image-jpeg

Digital Creator

L. Huddleston

Identifier

PC14

Rights

These materials are provided for educational and scholarly purposes and reproduction of items beyond that allowed for fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. The nature of historical archival collections means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine. Whenever possible, information is provided about copyright owners and restrictions on materials; however, the responsibility for determining the appropriate use of an item ultimately resides with the patron. The staff is unaware of any copyrights in the Postcards Collection; however, there is a possibility that items may have copyrights associated with them that we were unable to identify. If you are aware of such copyrights, please inform the staff.

Keywords

Postcards

Share

 
COinS