Location of marker: North Seminary Street behind Pope's Tavern. Text: Named for the O'Neal family which produced two Alabama governors and for Seminary the street on which the Synodical Female College was located, the Seminary-O'Neal Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. Built between 1908 and 1943, the houses in the district reflect the variety of architectural styles of those years. Two Sears-Roebuck houses called "American Four Squares" add interest and distinction. The district opens onto the impressive campus of the University of North Alabama.
University of North Alabama; Florence (Ala.); Alabama; Southern States
color digital photograph
University of North Alabama, Collier Library Archives
These materials are provided for educational and scholarly purposes and reproduction of items beyond that allowed for fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. For reproduction permission please contact staff of Collier Library Archives.