Location of Marker: Court Street, just north of Hermitage Drive. Text: Named for Ferdinand Sannoner, who surveyed the town of Florence for the Cypress Land Company in 1818, the district contains twenty-five structures on North Court and North Pine Streets. Wealthy planters, lawyers and merchants occupied the six fine antebellum homes. Courtview (1855), Gov. Edward Asbury O'Neal (1840's), Irvine Place (1843), Conner Place (1854), Wakefield (1820's), and Hickory Place (James Irvine's House 1832). Other structures date from the late nineteenth century and early twentieth centuries.
University of North Alabama; Florence (Ala.); Alabama; Southern States
color digital photograph
University of North Alabama, Collier Library Archives
These materials are provided for educational and scholarly purposes and reproduction of items beyond that allowed for fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. For reproduction permission please contact staff of Collier Library Archives.