Preview

image preview

Description

Location of Marker: Court Street entrance to University of North Alabama campus. Text: Built in 1840's, acquired 1857 by Edward Asbury O'Neal. Occupied various times during Civil War by Federals and Confederates. Edward O'Neal (1818-1890) attended LaGrange College; lawyer, Colonel of the 26th Alabama Regiment C.S.A.; appointed brigadier general, Governor 1882-1886. Emmet O'Neal (1853-1922) lawyer, Governor 1911-1915; lived in nearby Courtview.

Location Depicted

University of North Alabama; Florence (Ala.); Alabama; Southern States

Object Type

Image/jpeg

Source

color digital photograph

Image Creator

Phillip Oliver

Publisher Original

2009-06-01

Date Original

June 2009

Date Scanned

2010-01-14

Date Modified

2010-01-14

Digital Publisher

University of North Alabama, Collier Library Archives

Digital Format

image/jpeg

Digital Creator

Oliver, Phillip

Identifier

markeroneal

Rights

These materials are provided for educational and scholarly purposes and reproduction of items beyond that allowed for fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. For reproduction permission please contact staff of Collier Library Archives.

Share

 
COinS